The USDA’s weekly crop progress report shows soybean fields are starting to change.
Cortland and Tompkins county reporter Jennifer Doty also notes that the corn silage harvest is in full swing.
Other statewide notes:
- Dry hay and haylage harvest has resumed.
- Statewide, the dry weather has had a negative impact on the yield of corn and soybeans.
- Several counties have started planting winter wheat.
- Vineyards continue processing grapes with several white wines produced and more varieties expected for production in the coming weeks.
- Picking of McIntosh, Honeycrisp, and Gala apples began towards the end of the week.