The heavier rain Cortland experienced earlier this week has pushed back the micro-paving project for the City of Cortland to Monday, July 25th.
The DPW plans to begin on the streets (listed below) on Monday if the weather remains cooperative.
The list of streets to be micro-paved are below:
- Groton Ave (Otter Creek to City Line)
- Wheeler Ave (Homer Ave to NY-281)
- Elm St. (Greenbush St to Hubbard St)
- Owego St (Yates Ave to City Line)
- Delaware Ave (Tompkins St to City Line)
Micro-paving is a cost effective way to extend the life of asphalt, it is similar to sealing a driveway after it has been paved. The process is quick and will have a minimal time in curing before it is safe to travel on it.