Truxton Town Board will hold an emergency meeting tonight and discuss the potential of filing a lawsuit over recent changes to county voting locations for the coming primaries.
The town’s being asked to move its polling site to Cuyler, part of a list of adjustments made to accommodate a shortage of poll inspectors, many of whom are elderly.
Details will be mailed to all registered voters affected by the modifications, expected to last for the upcoming primaries only.
Other protocols in place include requiring everyone present to wear a mask and bring their own pens. No pencils or red ink are allowed.
Some voters may also get two ballots to be fed into two machines, depending on the specific races on their ticket.
Nine days of early voting will precede primary election day on June 23.
See the full list of polling site changes below:
- The Armory, 25 Wheeler Ave, Cortland NY, will remain open.
- The Pump House, 75 Broadway, Cortland NY will consolidate with SUNY Park Center.
- SUNY Park Center, 8 Folmer Dr, Cortland, NY will remain open.
- Beaudry Park, 57 Scammel St, Cortland NY will consolidate with TC3 Cortland EXT.
- TC3 Cortland Extension, 157 Main St, Cortland NY will remain open.
- County Office Building, 60 Central Ave will be moved to 37 Church St, Cortland NY.
- Grange Building, 100 Grange P1, Cortland NY will be moved to 37 Church St, Cortland NY.
- C’Ville Town Hall, 3577 Terrace Rd, Cortland NY will consolidate with C’Ville Mun Garage.
- C’Ville Municipal Garage, 3587 Terrace Rd, Cortland NY will remain open.
- C’Ville Highway Garage, 4765 NYS Rt 41, Polkville NY will remain open.
- Homer Town Hall, 31 N Main St, Homer NY will be consolidated with Homer Fire/Comm.
- Homer Fire Dept/Comm Bldg, 45 S. Main St, Homer NY will remain open.
- Scott Methodist Church, NYS 41, Scott NY will consolidate with Preble Fire Station.
- Preble Fire Station, 1911 Preble Rd, Preble NY will remain open.
- Harford Town Hall, 394 NYS RT 38, Harford NY will consolidate with Virgil Town Hall.
- Virgil Town Hall, 1176 Church St, Cortland NY will remain open.
- Lapeer Town Garage, Clarks Corners Rd, Lapeer NY will consolidate with Marathon Civic Ctr.
- Marathon Civic Center, 16 Brinks St, Marathon NY will remain open.
- Willet Town Hall, 1425 NYS 41, Willet NY will consolidate with Marathon Civic Center.
- Truxton Fire Station, 3741 NYS 13, Truxton NY will consolidate with Cuyler Fire Station.
- Cuyler Fire Station, 4917 NYS 13, Cuyler NY, will remain open.
- Cincinnatus Town Hall, 2770 Cincinnatus Rd, Cincinnatus NY will remain open.
- Taylor Town Hall, 3304 RT 26, Cincinnatus NY will consolidate with Cincinnatus Town Hall.
- Solon Town Hall, 4012 N. Tower Rd, Cincinnatus NY will remain open.
- Freetown Town Hall, 2369 McGraw-Marathon Rd, Marathon NY will remain open.