What were the top three consumer frauds received by the state Attorney General last year?
- Internet-Related – services and service providers, data privacy and security, fraud.
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes for things such as security deposits and harassment.
- Retail related – price gouging, defective merchandise, poor service, pet stores and animal breeders.
The Attorney General’s advice for the Internet?
- Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts
- Never reuse passwords – try using a password manager
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Check your online accounts regularly for unauthorized transactions
- Consider registering with a breach notification service.