The first ever EMS awards that were aimed to recognize contributions of EMS personnel in the Tompkins County community were given out recently by the Tompkins County Department of Emergency Response.
“It’s an honor to present these awards to individuals and organizations that play a vital role in public safety by providing life-saving care, and who are dedicated to serving their communities.” said Joe Milliman, EMS Program Manager for DoER.
This year also included the establishment of the Tim Bangs Lifetime Achievement Award. The award is in recognition of Tim Bangs multiple contributions to the EMS community in Tompkins County during his career. Recipients of this award will have dedicated their career, professional or volunteer, to making a positive impact in the community they serve.
List of awardees is below:
- Tim Bangs Lifetime Achievement Award – Brian Snyder, Trumansburg EMS
- EMS Agency of the Year – Trumansburg EMS
- ALS Provider of the Year – Emily Dove, Trumansburg EMS
- BLS Provider of the Year – Caleb Wood, Bangs Ambulance
- EMS Crew of the Year – Andrew Chambers and Kaitlin Gorton, Dryden Ambulance
- EMS Award of Excellence – Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office, Airport Fire & Rescue and 9-1-1 Center