The smell is what prompted a call to the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office at about 4 pm Sunday.
Deputies checked a home on Truxton-Tully Road in Truxton, but no one was home.
A little while later, the residents returned.
The State Police Contaminated Chemical Response Team was called in first thing Monday to help clean up and remove items to make methamphetamine.
Sheriff’s Lt. Todd Caufield says the items confiscated included lab equipment, solvents, and chemicals, along with methamphetamine and some marijuana, plus 7 long guns and 1 pistol.
Joshua Pittsley, 36, faces several drug charges including:
- Criminal Using Drug Paraphernalia
- Unlawful Disposal of Meth Lab Material
- Unlawful Manufacturing of Methamphetamine
- Criminal Possession of Controlled Substance
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
Pittsley’s due in Truxton Town Court Tuesday afternoon.