Listen Live

Teen Dies In Chenango County Fire

Local News

A Chenango County teenager died in an early morning fire Wednesday.

The Chenango County Sheriff reports that firefighters were called to a home in Mt. Upton at about 1:15 am.

Fire had engulfed the home by the time the first firefighters arrived.

The owners of the home, Ernest Franklin, an Iraq war veteran, and his pregnant wife Heather escaped. They could not save their autistic and deaf son.

The fire likely started in a wood stove, according to information provided by the Chenango County sheriff.

Related Articles

WXHC.com Is Powered By:
Powered By
Copyright 2020. Eves Broadcasting Inc.

Back to Top