The clean-up continues in the Tompkins County Town of Newfield following flash flooding there Sunday.
Some roads and bridges will be closed for an extended period due to flood damage.
Nearly all roads in the flood-impacted areas have reopened, but motorists are still advised to drive carefully because of road damage. In some places, there is missing pavement and road shoulders have been washed out.
The following roads in the Town of Newfield will remain closed due to damage.
· Bower Road between Shaffer Road and VanBuskirk Road (closure expected to last weeks if not months)
· Burge Hill Road from Route 13 to the end
· Brown Road between Route 34/96 to Bald Hill Road
· A small section of VanBuskirk Road where it intersects with Bower Road
· Routes 34/96 at Brown Road also remain closed because of severe road damage.
Work continues to clear debris and make repairs. Drivers are urged to travel carefully, be watchful of road conditions, and reduce their speeds.