County police on patrol early Wednesday came across a vehicle parked on Saunders Road in the Town of Cortlandville at about 2 am. Deputies say the vehicle was facing the wrong way with the driver inside.
Regina Diorio, 25, of Cortland, told officers she was waiting to pick up someone.
Police determined she was under the influence of drugs and had quantities of the controlled substances Suboxone and Clonazepam.
She was charged with the following:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Driving While Impaired by Drugs
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Parked on Highway
- Parked Facing Wrong Way/Left of Curb
- Uninspected Motor vehicle
- Unsafe Tire
- Unauthorized Stickers
Diorio was arraigned in Town of Cortlandville Court later Wednesday morning and released to Alternatives To Incarceration.
Her next court appearance is Monday, April 17.