The Red Cross is looking to kick off 2023 quite literally. The American Red Cross and Pro Football Hall of Famer Peyton Manning are asking people to “score big” for patients in need of blood. Those who donate blood or blood platelets will be entered to win a trip to Super Bowl LVII in Arizona on February 12th.
January is National Blood Donor Month and the blood drive is aimed at avoiding a potential winter blood shortage.
lives. “If everyone does their part and we collectively commit to donating blood, we can stack up more wins for hospital patients who are counting on us. A single individual is certainly impactful, but a whole team of people coming together to donate has an even greater effect.” Peyton Manning said in a press release.
In Cortland County, there are multiple dates and locations for those looking to donate blood to save a life this month and early February. Those locations include:
- 1/19 Cincinnatus High School: from 11:30am to 5pm
- 1/12 Cortlandville Fire Department: from 12:30pm to 5:30pm
- 1/14 Port Watson Mini Conference Center: from 10am to 3pm
- 1/17 NYS Grange: from 12pm to 5pm
- 1/21 St. Mary’s Church: from 8am to 1pm
- 2/2 SUNY Cortland – Corey Union: 12pm to 5pm
- 2/3 Cortland County Office Building: from 8am to 1pm
- 1/16 CNY Living History Museum: from 1 to 6pm
- 1/31 CNY Living History Museum: from 11am to 4pm
- 2/4 First United Methodist Church: from 9am to 2pm
Walk-ins are always welcomed, but those with appointments are given first priority. To make an appointment, call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org.