New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman offered tips to help protect you on Cyber Monday.
Schneiderman says “some deals are too good to be true.”
Some tips include:
- Beware of misleading bargains and added fees. The “sale” price may have been marked up before it was marked down.
- Compare warranty terms. Not all are the same.
- Know the terms of a layaway plan. Check return and refund policies.
- Use your gift card as soon as possible.
- Shop only on secure Internet connections, look for the https in the URL.
- Protect yourself by using credit or debit cards. Credit cards generally offer better purchase protection and fraud dispute resolution than other methods of payment.
- Read the fine print.
Link: NYS Attorney General