New York State Senator Lea Webb has announced the launch of her annual Back to School Supplies Drive for Teachers. The drive will help provide much needed school supplies for educators and their students as they prepare for the upcoming school year.
The drive will go through August 30th with supply collection points throughout the Senate District 52 where community members can make a contribution. The locations for collection points in Cortland and Tompkins County may be found below:
- Homer Center for the Arts – 72 S Main Street – Homer
- Cortland Chamber of Commerce – 83 Main Street – Cortland
- Lansing YWCA – 50 Graham Road W – Ithaca
- Southside Community Center – 305 S Plain St – Ithaca
- Senator Webb’s District Office – 217 N. Aurora Street – Ithaca
“Teachers play an indispensable role in shaping the future of our community,” Senator Lea Webb said in a release. “They work tirelessly to educate our children and often go above and beyond by personally filling resource gaps in their classrooms. The Back to School Supplies Drive for Teachers is a way for us all to contribute to their success. As we gear up for the new school year, I encourage those who are able to stop by one of the collection locations and make a difference by donating supplies that will directly impact the educational experience of our students.”