Local News

Need to Recycle a Battery? AAA Hosting Great Battery Roundup with Local Drop-offs

Advertisement

Have a news tip? TeXt Us @ 607-749-WXHC (9942) or e-mail us here.

 

AAA is hosting a Great Battery Roundup in conjunction with Earth Day this year. The day is to encourage motorists to take their old automotive or marine lead-acid batteries to a local collection point where they then can be safely recycled and formed into a new battery.


The recycling for vehicle batteries remains high, at nearly 97%, but AAA reminds the remaining 3% that are not recycled add up to millions of pounds of lead and gallons of sulfuric acid. The waste could potentially discharge into the environment, which can lead to health and safety hazards.

Drop-off hours will begin tomorrow (Wednesday) through Friday, April 21st between 8am and 5pm. For the Cortland area, two locations are available, both at Ron’s Body & Paint at their locations in Cortland and in Marathon.

The recycling is free of charge and includes any brand or type of lead-acid or AGM batteries, including car, boat, and RV batteries. AAA does note that lithium batteries are not eligible for recycling.

On Air Now

Now Playing On X101

Download The X101 App


Site Designed & Hosted by Eves Digital