A multiple agency collaborative effort resulted in a successful outcome to a missing / lost juvenile incident on Friday (June 11) evening.
The 15-year-old — who has several chronic health conditions — wandered from her home on Kellogg Road in the city of Cortland just before 8 pm.
She was lost for more than three hours in an outdoor area with difficult terrain.
Eventually, the child was located and provided initial treatment on-scene. She was then brought to an area hospital for follow-up.
City of Cortland Police thanked each of the following agencies for assisting with the incident:
- Cortland Fire Department;
- Cortland County Sheriff’s Office;
- Cortlandville Fire;
- Virgil Fire;
- Cortland County Search and Rescue;
- Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office;
- TLC Ambulance;
- Cortland County 911 Communications Center.
Photos from CPD: