Local News

Marathon Fire Department Reminding Residents of Dangers of Using Extension Cords

Local News here on WXHC.com is brought to you by:



The Marathon Fire Department is reminding residents of the potential dangers of using power strips or extension cords. This time of year with the weather reaching below freezing often the use of space heaters increases.











The fire department urges residents to never plug a space heater into a power strip or extension cord as they are not able to handle the high amount of current that flows through to the heater. Using a space heater on them can lead to the power strip or extension cord to over heat and possibly cause a fire.

To safely use a space heater ensure you plug it directly into the wall outlet.





 

Download The X101 App