Listen Live

Man Falls Asleep Smoking Causing Early Morning House Fire

Local News

Cortland City Firefighters responded to a potentially deadly fire in a multi-unit apartment building this morning.

Just after 4 o’clock this morning City Firefighters were called to 33 East Ave. A resident living in one of the three apartments reported a fire.

When rescuers arrived they found heavy smoke with a mattress on fire. They removed the mattress and ventilated the home.

An investigation revealed that the resident had fallen asleep while smoking. Fortunately no one was injured.

There were six other people living in the apartment building, including children. Firefighters previously responded to the same address for a similar situation.

Damage was limited to the mattress.

Related Articles Is Powered By:
Powered By
Copyright 2020. Eves Broadcasting Inc.

Back to Top