Listen Live

Local emergency dispatcher hits 21 years on the job

Local News

Yesterday marked 21 years for Gene Caufield at the Cortland County Department of Emergency Response and Communications.

He continues to serve at that agency as 911 Dispatch Supervisor.

One of those under his wing celebrated her second anniversary on the job today — namely, dispatcher Nicole Riley.


Meanwhile, Cortland County is set to receive around $23k in federal funding to support local emergency planning and operational readiness.

That was announced by Governor Cuomo as part of an overall $15 million FEMA package for New York State.

Of that total, just over half (51%) goes toward statewide efforts, with the remaining amount (49%) allocated to counties based on their population..


Cortland County is currently updating its Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) and asking residents, business owners and community partners to complete a brief survey to share their concerns about potential disasters.

Click here to be directed to the questionnaire.


Related Articles

WXHC.com Is Powered By:
Powered By
© 2020. Eves Broadcasting Inc. Site By Eves Digital

Back to Top