During last night’s legislative session, the County Legislature voted unanimously to authorize the 2024 Cortland County Tourism Marketing Grants. The grants went to 12 organizations after recommendations were made by the Legislature’s Finance and Administration Committee earlier this month.
The Cortland County Convention and Visitor Bureau (the designated official tourism promotion agency for the county) tourism marketing grant review group met earlier this month to review applications for the use of the occupancy tax funding for tourism marketing. The group then made their recommendations of certain amounts of funding that shall be made available to the organizations who sought funding.
The organization’s and the amount they will receive are:
- 1890 House Museum – $12,000
- Brockway Truck Preservation Society – $10,000
- Center for the Arts Homer – $75,000
- Cortland Crush NYCBL Baseball – $5,000
- Cortland County Historical Society – $16,000
- Cortland Regional Sports Council – $134,000
- Cortland Repertory Theatre – $45,000
- Cortland Arts Connect – $10,000
- Holiday in Homer – $3,000
- Homer Cortland Community Agency $30,000
- Homeville Museum – $3,000
- Lime Hollow Nature Center – $25,000