Village of Homer Trustees approved using up to $22,000 in reserve funding for a new Glenwood Cemetery Building. The approval followed a public hearing to open last night’s board meeting.
In other meeting activity:
- Thoma Development was named the village consultant in the next Downtown Revitalization Initiative application.
- The first set of letters to penalties and violations of trash and recycling rules has gone out.
- New LED lights for the basketball court are ready to go up along with additional security cameras.
- The village compost site is open for the season and pothole patching is underway.
- New planter boxes will go up on Rt 281 and Rt 41.
- The lineup is set for weekly concerts on the green, beginning with the Old Timers Band June 22, featuring Doc Weismore on July 20 and ending August 10.
The board also recognized longtime school crossing guard Gary Homer who died last week, and for his service. His obituary is on WXHC.com.