Local News

Homer Fire Department reminds you to use space heaters safely

Local News is brought to you by:



The Homer Fire Department is reminding residents and everyone about using space heaters safely with these very cold temperatures.

We’ve reported here on WXHC an increase in a number of fires with one just yesterday (January 20th) catching fire.

First, give the space heater plenty of room. Three feet or more space between anything, including furniture and walls, drapes, towels, paper or any other material.

Second, never plug a space heater into an extension cord, always a wall outlet. Most extension cords will burn up before the breaker trips.

 

Advertise Here

Download Our App

Listen With Alexa

WXHC.com Archives