The Cortland County Legislature’s Highway Committee is holding a special meeting Thursday afternoon at 4:30.
The committee is expected to authorize and pass to the full legislature applications for a state transportation grant for new equipment for the County Airport:
- A Box Hangar – where the planes are stored.
- A Ceilometer and Camera System. The Ceilometer measures how high the clouds are.
When the full Cortland County Legislature meets Thursday night at 6, it will begin with public hearings, which include:
- Extending the extra 1% county sales tax for two more years
- Requesting state permission to add another half-percent to the sales tax
- Asking the state for permission to add a tax on real estate transactions
Among the many topics on the agenda for the regular meeting:
- Approving repairs or replacement of large culverts on Cheningo Solon Pond Road, Bloody Pond Road or Daisy Hollow Road
- The dates for Amnesty Week at the County landfill next month
- Applying for a grant that will lead to nine new buses for use by Cortland Transit, at no cost to the county; Two bus shelters would also be added
- Another of the legislature’s shaming resolutions would demand that the state pay the costs for its new law raising the age of criminal responsibility to 18
That and more Thursday night at 6 at the County Office Building, 60 Central Avenue in Cortland.