Governor Kathy Hochul today (Dec. 31) announced Winter Surge Plan 2.0, a new targeted effort to bolster New York’s fight against the winter surge.
The plan focuses on five core areas:
- Keeping students in school
- Doubling down on masks and testing
- Preventing severe illness and death
- Increasing access to vaccines and boosters
- Working together with local leaders
Governor Hochul also urged New Yorkers to celebrate New Year’s Eve in a safe, responsible way. In a prepared public statement, she said, “As we head into the holiday weekend, New York State is mobilizing every resource at our disposal to fight the winter surge and keep New Yorkers safe. We can get through this surge through targeted actions, partnerships with local leaders, and by taking common sense steps to keep us all safe: get vaccinated, get boosted, and wear a mask indoors.”