This information is from the New York State Thruway Authority
The New York State Thruway Authority now has a mobile app, which is available to download for free on iPhone and Android devices.
The new app provides motorists direct access to real-time traffic and navigation assistance while on the go, along with detailed Thruway services information for New York’s 570-mile superhighway.
The new app enables travelers to access the latest road conditions in real-time, including construction and traffic alerts, while remaining hands-free.
A safety setting option also utilizes voice announcements for roadway updates while traveling.
Other Thruway Authority app features include:
- Interactive Thruway map with real-time voice notification of upcoming Thruway-specific sites and traffic events;
- Toll Calculator to plan your trip;
- Report an issue regarding a road condition, safety or services;
- Request Roadside assistance;
- Restaurant and Thruway Service Area locator; and
- E-ZPass and Tolls by Mail information.
The app also provides links to the I Love NY tourism app, New York State Department of Transportation, New York Department of Motor Vehicles, New York State Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services – See Something, Say Something, as well as the Thruway Authority website.
- January 30, 2020
- February 2, 2018