Local News

E-Bike Causes Fire at OCM Boces in Cortlandville

Advertisement

Around 6:15 Wednesday evening, a call came in for a reported fire at OCM Boces at 1710 Route 13 in Cortlandville. Fire Departments from Cortlandville, Homer, and McGraw all responded to the scene.


As firefighters were arriving, the fire was extinguished by staff members on scene. McGraw was canceled by Cortlandville with Homer still requested to respond. The fire was found to be from an E-Bike and its battery charger. Heavy smoke was created from the bike and battery fire within the building.

Firefighters were on scene at Boces for nearly an hour working to clear out smoke from the building and to ensure the fire did not spread into other areas of the building. The bike caused minor damage to a wall within the classroom.

No injuries were reported.

Cortlandville Fire was assisted by the Homer Fire Department, and the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office.

On Air Now

Now Playing On X101

Download The X101 App

×

Site Designed & Hosted by Eves Digital