Around 11:15 in the morning on Friday, November 10th, a reported apartment fire came into Tompkins County 9-1-1 dispatch at Poets Landing housing complex on Dryden Road.
Dryden Fire & Ambulance responded quickly to the scene and on arrival, firefighters found that a pan of cooking oil which was on the stove, had ignited and burned the wall and triggered the apartment’s sprinkler system.
Dryden Fire says the apartment suffered fire, smoke, and water damage as a result of fire. The neighboring apartment below also sustained water damage. Firefighters checked for any extensions and ventilated the building for smoke.
Assisting Dryden Fire & Ambulance was the Freeville & McLean Fire Departments.
*Featured image via Dryden Fire*