The greater Moravia-area community is coming together to support a family that lost nearly everything in a house fire last week near the Cayuga County town of Niles.
Investigators say the blaze started in the garage and quickly spread to the entire home.
Both parents and their sons made it out safely, along with two family dogs, but with nothing but the clothes on their backs. A pet turtle did not survive the fire.
The Moravia Central School District and fire departments across Cayuga County have since called for donations on social media and have gotten a robust response from the community, according to reporters from CNY Central.
Donations can still be dropped off at the school district’s transportation building on Jewett Ave and they’ll also be accepting them at the high school’s musical concert this Thursday night (December 12).
The boys sizes are 38×34, 36×32, 34×39 jean XL and 2XL.