On Thursday, December 15th, a delivery driver was making their typical rounds delivering packages to residences in Freeville when at one residence they heard fire alarms going off within the house.
The delivery driver immediately called 9-1-1 to report a possible house fire and indicated they could hear the fire alarm and see smoke within the house.
Freeville, along with Dryden Fire Department, responded to the scene. Thankfully though, the cause of the smoke and alarms going off was a malfunction of the stove pipe, which was then venting into the house. Firefighters were able to clear the smoke using fans.