CORTLAND COUNTY (updated 8/6 at 2:00 pm)
(+/- represents change from day before)
- Positives to-date (+1): 91
- Active: (+1): three
- Recovered (+0): 88
- Hospitalizations (-0): 0 (six to-date)
- Being monitored (+4): 148
- Negative results (+117):14,778
- Deaths: 0
Cayuga Health Sampling Site
Hours: Mon–Fri, 8:30AM–4:00PM
To pre-register, call Cayuga Health Call Center at 607-319-5708, or cayugahealth.org.
Need a ride to the Sampling Site? After you register, call 2-1-1 for assistance. 2-1-1 is open from 8:30am–5pm to help with ride options.
Numbers updated daily. (Live COVID tracker)
If you are instructed by a medical professional to get tested, follow their instructions for a sample collection and then go directly to your home and DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME, and isolate yourself from your household to the extent possible until you receive results from your provider – which are now coming back in about 2-3 days.
Residents who are experiencing coronavirus symptoms need to call their doctor, who will coordinate any necessary testing, or contact one of the following:
- Guthrie Cortland drive-thru testing center:
- Cayuga Health drive-thru testing center: (607) 319-5708.
- Upstate Medical University at (315) 464-3979
Members of the public must do their part to prevent the spread of COVID-19, not just to protect themselves, but others in our community who are most vulnerable to getting very sick.
Everyone can take these steps to stop the spread of COVID-19 and “flatten the curve” in our community:
- Stay home, even if you don’t feel sick, unless absolutely necessary.
- Wash hands well and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Keep 6 feet distance between yourself and others when in public.
- Avoid close contact with other people.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
- Physical Distancing does not mean emotional isolation, check on friends, coworkers, neighbors through phone and text.
- Wear a cloth face covering in public settings where physical distancing is difficult to maintain (eg. grocery stores and pharmacies).