Cortlandville Fire Department yesterday recognized four high school graduates who either serve themselves or have immediate family members belonging to the company.
Each graduate was provided with a special gift basket, which Assistant Chief Mike Biviano called “a small thank you” for the many sacrifices they’ve endured.
“Cortlandville Fire Department chose to provide a gift basket to the 2020 graduating seniors of family members that serve,” Biviano said. “Just a small thank you for not only the sacrifices they have had to make by losing out on the last half of their Senior year, but also for the years of sacrifice they’ve made as a result of a parent being an active member – which results in many interrupted family events due to emergency responses.”
The graduating seniors recognized are as follows:
Kathryn Aumick (Cortland High School)
- Attending Rochester Institute of Technology
- Kathryn’s father is Josh Aumick who is an active Firefighter / Driver with the Department.
Sheldon Crosby (Cortland High School)
- Attending trade school.
- Sheldon’s step-father is Larry Carr who is an active Driver with the Department.
Danielle Henry (Homer High School)
- Attending Tompkins Cortland Community College.
- Her father is Gere Henry who serves as Chief of Department.
Ryan McLaughlin (Homer High School)
- Attending Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Ryan is an active member of the department and his father is William McLaughlin who is an active Firefighter with the Department.
Photos below provided by C’Ville Fire Department:
(Pictured Left to Right) Danielle Henry, Ryan McLaughlin and Sheldon Crosby