Nine different fire departments responded to a house fire early this morning (November 12) at the intersection of State Route 13 and Keeny Road in Cuyler.
No injuries were reported.
The Cortland County 911 center says the first call came in around 12:50 a.m.
Fire crews from Cortlandville, Homer, Truxton, Cuyler, McGraw, Apulia, Fabius, Tully and De Ruyter all responded to the scene.
Authorities say the fire was eventually put out by 2:30 this morning.
This is a reminder to make sure all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly in your home.
The City of Cortland Fire Department and SUNY Cortland Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity chapter have recently been awarded 100 free smoke detectors from First Alert and the Michael H. Minger Foundation.
As part of the Town/Gown Fire Safety Community Service Project, the City of Cortland Fire Department was chosen along with 24 other departments to host community events nationwide. SUNY Cortland students will work alongside firefighters to conduct home safety visits and install detectors during the fall semester.
Please contact Fire Captain David Jensen at (607) 423-6908 or firstname.lastname@example.org fore more information, or to arrange an appointment for your smoke and carbon monoxide detector installation.