Friday is National Doctor’s Day, and the Cortland Regional Medical Center will celebrate Thursday night, recognizing two caregivers who demonstrate excellence in patient care and academic effort.
CRMC’s Physician of the Year is Dr. Hasan Zakariyya, who specializes in internal medicine and endocrinology.
The hospital’s Advanced Practitioner of the Year is Donna Gardner, a nurse-practitioner for 25 years here including in the Emergency Department.
Several other staff members will be recognized by the Cortland Memorial Foundation Board of Directors for their years of service:
- 35 years: In Whan Oh, M.D.
- 30 years: Robert Castellanos, M.D.
- 25 years: Nicholas Biondi, D.O.
- 15 years: Cindy Johnson, M.D.; G. Michael Maresca, M.D.; Terence Schumpert, .D.; Anna Maria Garcia, M.D.; Kirwin Gibbs, M.D.
- 10 years: Michael Makayan, M.D.; Alexandra Wesley, M.D.
- 5 years: Henry David, D.O.; Robert-Arne Sullivan, M.D.; Deborah Warner, N.P.
A special posthumous recognition will be paid to Dr. R. Wayne Cotie by Dr. Kirwin Gibbs, CRMC Medical Staff President.