During their meeting on Tuesday, November 8th at 10am, the Cortland County Finance and Administration Committee unanimously approved grants towards 2023 CC tourism marketing.
On the motion of legislature George Wagner, the resolution will authorize an agreement with the Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau (CCBV) for provision of public benefits services for promotion and publicity.
The resolution will make the CCBV responsible for the distribution of occupancy funds as outlined in the Tourism Marketing Grants Guidelines.
Organizations that were recommended for grant funding are listed below:
- 1890 House Museum $7,000
- Brockway Truck Preservation Society $10,000
- Center for the Arts of Homer $33,000
- Central NY Maple Festival $5,500
- Cortland Crush NYCBL Baseball $5,000
- Cortland County Historical Society $10,000
- Cortland Main Street Music Series $2,000
- Cortland Regional Sports Council $119,000
- Cortland Repertory Theatre $32,000
- Cortland Arts Connect (Cultural Council) $8,000
- Holiday in Homer $2,500
- Homer Cortland Community Agency $18,000
- Homeville Museum $2,000
- JM McDonald Sports Complex $15,000
- Lime Hollow Nature Center $11,000
- Statewide Country Music Park $5,000
The resolution will go to the full legislature on November 17th for final approval.