The City of Cortland DPW has added more streets that will be paved this summer, but without the milling process. The city plans to micro-pave 5 streets beginning on July 20th if weather is permitting.
Micro-paving is a cost effective way to extend the life of asphalt, it is similar to sealing a driveway after it has been paved. This process is quick and has a minimal time in curing before it is safe for traffic to drive over it.
The streets planned to be micro-paved are below:
- Groton Ave (Otter Creek to City Line)
- Wheeler Ave (Homer Ave to NY-281)
- Elm St. (Greenbush St to Hubbard St)
- Owego St (Yates Ave to City Line)
- Delaware Ave (Tompkins St to City Line)