Cayuga Health has launched a new online resource center to coordinate an organized relief effort by the community in support of those on the front lines battling the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Donation and Resource Center includes a list of materials deemed to be in most need by area health care workers battling the COVID-19 pandemic on the front lines.
Physical drop-off locations for needed supplies are located in both Tompkins and Schuyler Counties (see below). Donations are then taken directly to be used at all Cayuga Health locations, including their two hospitals: Cayuga Medical Center and Schuyler Hospital.
Financial donations can also be submitted on the new website, which also features information on potential volunteer opportunities.
“The outpouring of support from the individuals, organization and community groups has been heart-warming and appreciated,” said Martin Stallone, President & CEO of Cayuga Health. “ To Cornell University, Borg Warner, numerous local small businesses, and the many volunteers who are helping sew masks and fill in wherever they can…Thank You! This is truly a one of a kind community. And to our incredible health care teams who risk their safety on the front lines and work very long hours away from family…Thank You!”
The following are currently listed by Cayuga Health as urgently needed supplies:
- N95 masks
- Procedural Masks
- Surgical Masks Level 3
- Isolation Gowns – Fluid resistant/impervious; Chemo Gowns are an option. Cover gowns are not. Particularly need L/XL sizes
- Gloves – nitrile exam and latex free/powder free exam gloves
- Bleach wipes, Clorox, Dispatch and PDI Bleach wipes
- PDI Sani Hands hand sanitizer cloths
- Hand sanitizer
- BD culture swabs
Where to drop off:
- Cayuga Medical Center Foundation – 767 Warren Road | Ithaca | 8a – 5p M-F and 9a – 3p Weekends
- Trumansburg Fire Station – 74 West Main Street | Trumansburg | All Hours
- Cornell Campus Bartels Hall – 554 Campus Road | Ithaca | 8am – 3p M-F
- Tops Friendly Markets 504 – 1/2 South Franklin Street | Watkins Glen | 6a-10p Daily at Customer Service Desk
- Dandy Mini Marts, Inc. – 102 Main Street | Odessa | 8a-5p Daily to any Cashier
- Glen Motor Inn – 3380 NY-14 | Watkins Glen | 10a-2p Daily to Front Desk