Listen Live

Building fire caused by woman asleep with lit cigarette

Local News

City police say a homeless woman fell asleep with a lit cigarette and caused a fire inside an occupied building on Main Street in Cortland.

The incident happened around 2:30 pm yesterday at 183 Main Street, where 32-year-old Natalie Jones was arrested about a half-hour later.

She was charged with 2nd-degree Reckless Endangerment (Class-A Misdemeanor), later released on an appearance ticket to Cortland City Court on November 9.

No injuries were reported.

Related Articles

WXHC.com Is Powered By:
Powered By
© 2020. Eves Broadcasting Inc. Site By Eves Digital

Back to Top

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares