A basement fire on Halstead Drive in Cortlandville was quickly extinguished on Saturday (September 25).
Crews from Cortlandville FD were dispatched around 12:30 pm on reports of smoke in the basement and arrived to find a fully active blaze, which they worked to control within 5 minutes.
They remained on scene for about 45 minutes while the smoke cleared, with help from crews with Homer Fire Department.
C’Ville assistant chief Mike Biviano said the cause of the fire was from an overheated light ballast that ignited the ceiling around it.
All fire personnel were clear and in service by 1:30 pm.
Extent of damage to the structure could not be confirmed.