Listen Live

String of Stomach Illnesses Linked to Undercooked Poultry at Wild Ginger Asian Fusion

Local News

County health officials are alerting residents about a recent string of stomach illnesses linked to the consumption of potentially raw or undercooked poultry at the Wild Ginger Asian Fusion on Main Street in Cortland.

(Photo of Campylobacteriosis from ECDC.Europa.eu)

Multiple cases have surfaced in patients that claim to have eaten at the restaurant between the 18th and 31st of October.

Officials say the particular concern is an infection known as Campylobacteriosis, a bacteria-borne illness which can cause symptoms like diarrhea, fever, abdominal cramps and vomiting.

These usually start within 2-5 days of exposure and can last about a week.

Most who come down with the infection will be able to recover on their own, but some may have more difficulties, especially those with weakened immune systems.

Anyone experiencing severe symptoms or with any other immediate concerns should contact their doctor immediately.

All further questions can be directed to the Cortland County Health Department at (607) 753-5036.

Related Articles

WXHC.com Is Powered By:
Powered By
Copyright 2019. Eves Broadcasting Inc.

Back to Top