Community members and aircraft lovers alike will come together tomorrow (July 20) for the 10th Annual Cortland County Airfest, held each year at the Chase Field Airport on Route 222 in Cortland.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS BELOW:
8 – 11 am
Breakfast is served. $9. Hairy Tony’s from downtown Cortland will be catering. Coffee is from Coffee Mania.
Wings Seminar – FUN FLYING WITH TOTAL CONTROL. Stay proficient for fun and safe flying: avoid loss of control problems.
Speaker: Mr. David St. George FAASTeam Representative, CFI
BBQ – various items and prices
NEW THIS YEAR – WE ARE RAFFLING OFF 3 SEATS ON THE WWII C-47 WHISKEY 7. WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS (3) OF THE RIDE IN THE C-47 AT 1:00 PM.
BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR $5 EACH OR 5 TICKETS FOR $20. This is a $95 value.
The winners of the raffle will get their ride on the C-47. This is the actual plane that flew parachuters in the D Day Invasion.
- General Levi Chase Display. Check out this informative link about Levi Chase – Visit the website The Fighting Commander here.
- Display presented by CNY Living History Museum. Get more info HERE about the museum.
- The 99’s (Women Pilots) will have a display and answer questions. An article about the Ninety-Nines is HERE.
- Fly In
- Warbird Display – WWII C-47 and a T-6
- 2016 Cirrus Aircraft Display by manufacturer
- Town of Cortlandville Fire Truck display.
- 1959 Mack Truck – restored and owned by Alnye Trucking
- Warbird Rides (charge) Sign up here for a ride in the C47
- Airplane Rides (charge) – $30
- Helicopter Rides (charge) – $30
- Von Barnes Band play
In case of inclement weather, the rain date for the festival is Sunday (July 22).