Nominations and applications for the third round of the Empire State Excellence in Teaching program are now open, Governor Cuomo announced yesterday (February 11).
The program recognizes teachers across New York State who are successfully preparing a new generation of learners for the future and honors those who exemplify the highest standards of teaching.
Honorees will receive a $5,000 stipend to support their professional development interests and also be invited to meet with university, workforce and policy leaders across the state to share their expertise and insights.
New York teachers are now invited to SUBMIT AN APPLICATION HERE by March 8 for final consideration by a selection panel including:
- School Administrators Association of New York State
- New York State United Teachers
- United Federation of Teachers
- New York State Council of School Superintendents
- New York State Parent Teacher Association
- The State University of New York