A total of $23 million in state funding will now make its way to Central New York, helping municipalities in the region fund the construction of 10 bridges and 7 culverts.
As part of the State’s BRIDGE NY initiative, these awards have been will fund a total of nine projects in Cortland, Cayuga and Madison Counties.
- $4.308 million for Loring Crossing Road over E B Tioughnioga Road.
- $2.133 million for McGraw-Marathon Road over Hunts Creek.
- $880,000 for North Tower Road (CR 502) over Tributary to Trout Brook
- $802,000 for County Road 45A over Little Salmon Creek
- $731,000 for Ridge Road over Yawger Creek
- $1.603 million for Bolivar Road over Chittenango Creek.
- $1.068 million for New Boston Street (CR 6) over Owlville Creek
- $970,000 for Creek Road over Cowaselon Creek
- $967,000 for Larkin Road over Tributary of Sangerfield River
- $522,000 for North Main Street Road over Tributary of Cowaselon Creek
- $970,000 for River Road over Kingsley Brook
BRIDGE NY focuses on projects that address deteriorated structural conditions; mitigate weight restrictions or long detours; facilitate economic development or increase competitiveness; and/or reduce the risk of flooding.
More than $262 million in total state funding has been awarded to fund 165 individual projects in 95 communities across the state, Governor Cuomo announced yesterday (November 13).