Governor Cuomo announced yesterday (November 7) the results of a statewide underage drinking crackdown that took place during the months of August, September and October.
Seventeen combined arrests were made for use of fake ID’s at The Red Jug, The Dark Horse Saloon, and Harry Tony’s in Cortland.
The Department of Motor Vehicles made an additional 271 arrests statewide of minors using fake ID’s to buy alcohol.
Additional fake ID arrests in the area:
Central New York
- Two arrests at the Luke Bryan concert at the Lakeview Amphitheater
- Two arrests at the Kid Rock concert at the St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview in Geddes
Finger Lakes – 91 arrests
- Thirteen arrests at the Dierks Bentley concert at the Darien Lake concert facility
- Thirty-four arrests at the Jason Aldean concert at Darien Lake
- Seven arrests during an investigation at One Nightclub and Vinyl in Rochester.
- Eighteen arrests at the G-Eazy concert at Darien Lake
- Six arrests at Somerton’s Public House and Dragonfly Tavern in Rochester
- Thirteen arrests at The Red Jug Pub and Stone Yard Brewing Company in Brockport
The State Liquor Authority also sent underage decoys to 506 establishments statewide, charging 141 of them for illegal sales to minors.
The original headline of this article implied that bars in Cortland were charged for serving minors, when in fact this is not the case. Seventeen arrests were made for the use of fake ID’s at these bars.
- May 15, 2019
Brought To You By:
Have A News Tip? Email Us Here
What We’re Talking About
Homer Center for the Arts Executive Director Ty Marshal and his Assistant Director Sheila Ryan came into the X101 studios this morning (May 8) to talk about a couple renovations in the works at the Center and the busy summer season ahead. Funds from the recent Thompson row boat raffle are being put towards a […]
- Higher Netflix Prices Will Affect All Subscribers Starting In May
- Kaitlyn Clune and Adam Brown From Homer High School’s “On the Town”
- The 1890 House Museum’s Latest WickWired Episode: ‘Call Me, Maybe?’ We’re Proud Supporters Of The Museum
- Actors Barbara Jo Williams and Steve Wilson From The Real Inspector Hound