Governor Cuomo announced yesterday (November 7) the results of a statewide underage drinking crackdown that took place during the months of August, September and October.
Seventeen combined arrests were made for use of fake ID’s at The Red Jug, The Dark Horse Saloon, and Harry Tony’s in Cortland.
The Department of Motor Vehicles made an additional 271 arrests statewide of minors using fake ID’s to buy alcohol.
Additional fake ID arrests in the area:
Central New York
- Two arrests at the Luke Bryan concert at the Lakeview Amphitheater
- Two arrests at the Kid Rock concert at the St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview in Geddes
Finger Lakes – 91 arrests
- Thirteen arrests at the Dierks Bentley concert at the Darien Lake concert facility
- Thirty-four arrests at the Jason Aldean concert at Darien Lake
- Seven arrests during an investigation at One Nightclub and Vinyl in Rochester.
- Eighteen arrests at the G-Eazy concert at Darien Lake
- Six arrests at Somerton’s Public House and Dragonfly Tavern in Rochester
- Thirteen arrests at The Red Jug Pub and Stone Yard Brewing Company in Brockport
The State Liquor Authority also sent underage decoys to 506 establishments statewide, charging 141 of them for illegal sales to minors.
The original headline of this article implied that bars in Cortland were charged for serving minors, when in fact this is not the case. Seventeen arrests were made for the use of fake ID’s at these bars.
- December 10, 2018
- November 19, 2018
Brought To You By:
Have A News Tip? Email Us Here
What We’re Talking About
Eric Clapton has just posted the new A Clapton Christmas special on YouTube. Watch it below. The 23-minute featurette includes a sit-down interview with “Slowhand” and producer Simon Climie discussing the new Happy Xmas album — along with two performance videos, two music videos — “For Love On Christmas Day” and the “Home For The […]