On Demand: McGraw Superintendent Melinda McCool – Back To School
Advice from Superintendent McCool to help students and parents in Cortland County prepare to return to school.
Melinda McCool, Superintendent at McGraw Schools, helped us with the annual the to-do list for Back to School.
- Make sure the school has up-to-date contact information, especially if you’ve moved.
- It’s needed for emergencies and to determine bus routes ahead of opening day.
- Notify the school if your child has any special medical conditions, such as an allergy or other medical condition, and ensure that all shots and other medical requirements are up to date prior to the start of school.
- Connect with your school’s social media.
- If you’re already buying school supplies, get what you really need. Some schools provide some specialized books and supplies.
- Attend orientation, especially if your student is entering kindergarten, middle school or high school at a new school.
Monday, August 28, the McGraw Elementary School plans a Back to School Extravaganza! Principal Susan Prince has organized a phenomenal event.
- Free School Supplies donated by Dryden Mutual Insurance, Price Chopper, Higgins Supply Co., and Walmart
- Free Hair cuts supplied by the OCM BOCES Adult Cosmetology Students
- Free ice cream sundaes scooped by the superintendent!
- 6:00-7:30 PM in the cafeteria
Tuesday, August 29 is Locker Day at the McGraw High School
- Entering 6th graders and new students are welcome to attend
- Stop by between 10 am and 1 pm to visit your locker, practice your combination, and drop off your supplies.
- Mr. Dimorier will be present to help you find your way.
Wednesday, August 30 Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten Supply Drop Off Day
- Parents are encouraged to bring your child to drop off supplies to their classrooms in Pre-K or Kindergarten only
- Teachers have sent home letters inviting you to this event.
- This is a great way to help your child with those first day jitters.
- They can meet their friendly teachers and familiarize themselves with their learning space.