Activity in the region’s service sector continued to expand modestly, according to firms responding to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s April 2017 Business Leaders Survey.
- The survey’s headline business activity index advanced four points to 6.7
- The business climate index edged above zero, signaling that respondents viewed the business climate as slightly better than normal
- The employment index slipped five points to 4.9, suggesting some slowing in net hiring activity
- The wages index eased slightly but remained well in positive territory, indicating steady and moderate wage growth
- The prices paid index was little changed at 44.1
- The prices received index held steady at 17.6, pointing to steady growth in both input and selling prices
Read more of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York report