The New York Department of Environmental Conservation has announced licenses for hunting and trapping in New York for the 2023-24 season are now on sale.
“An estimated half a million New Yorkers enjoy hunting each year,” DEC Commissioner Seggos said. “Recently expanded hunting opportunities bring even greater excitement to this old tradition. Hunter safety remains DEC’s top priority, and I encourage all hunters venturing afield this season to follow the key principles of hunter safety both on the ground and while in tree stands.”
Hunters can purchase licenses online or at any of the DEC’s license-issuing agents, found HERE. Purchases may also be made by phone at 866-933-2257. Hunting and Trapping Licenses are valid from September 1st to August 31st each year. Fishing licenses are valid for 365 days from date of purchase.
When buying a license, you must have the following information ready to provide:
- Complete contact information (Name, address, email, phone number)
- DEC customer ID number (if applicable)
- Proof of Residency (Driver’s License or non-driver’s ID with NY address)
- Valid Credit Card (If purchasing by phone, online)
- Proof of hunter or trapper education certification or copy of previous license