Back
Rep Denies That U2 Album Is Pushed Back To Next Year
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Rep Denies That U2 Album Is Pushed Back To Next Year
A rep for U2 has denied a Billboard.com report from last week which stated that the Irish supergroup had delayed its new album and tour until 2015 and planned to do more recording. According to the U.K. outlet The Guardian, a source close to the band said, "U2's album is planned for this year (and) is still on track and touring plans haven't been confirmed yet."
 
An official release date has never been set for the record, which will be U2's 13th studio effort, although at one point bassist Adam Clayton predicted a November 2013 release and more recently singer Bono was looking at this summer.
 
A flurry of appearances by the band in the last month and a half at the Golden Globes, the Oscars and on the premiere of The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon, along with the arrival of a new song called "Invisible," seemed to indicate that U2's promotion machine was getting into gear.
 
Guitarist The Edge told Rolling Stone earlier this year that the band had 30-plus songs in various stages of completion, with six or seven of those tracks "mixed and ready to go."
 
The group will now head back into the studio with producers Ryan Tedder and Paul Epworth.

Photo Courtesy of PRPhotos.com
Internet Explorer Users Click Here To See What's On-Air
LISTEN LIVE
ON-DEMAND
Advertise
Contest Rules
Contact Us
Copyright 2014. Eves Broadcasting Inc.
Site Designed and Maintained by MME
Music News
Search our Music Database
'Like' Us On Facebook
Local News
On-Air Now
Listen Live With Our App