Fleetwood Mac has just announced it's first set of dates since 2009, taking in 34 stops between the beginning of April and the middle of June -- with more shows still to be added. The band -- Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie -- will kick off the tour on April 4th in Columbus, Ohio, and -- as of now -- wrap things up on June 12th in Detroit. The band reconvenes for rehearsals on February 15th.
Lindsey Buckingham told Rolling Stone, "We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs. When you've gone through all your must-do's, that's 75 percent of your potential setlist. I think with the other 25 percent there are areas of our catalog that are more under-explored. Maybe we'll play more songs from Tusk. I'd also like to see an extended middle portion of the show that's just me and Stevie. This is just me talking from the top of my head. For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be."
Stevie Nicks went on to say, "We actually have two new Fleetwood Mac songs that I cut with Lindsey two weeks ago we might play. I had a really good time working with him for four days at his house. I got to hang out with his family and his kids, his grown up kids, and really connect with him again. We're pretty proud of what we have done, and we're looking at it through the eyes of wisdom now, instead of through the eyes of jealousy and resentment and anger."
She went on to say that overseas dates are also in the works for next year: "If everything goes will we'll be in Europe doing festivals this summer. Then we'll actually tour Europe, which is different than just doing festivals. Then we might do fifteen or so shows in Australia."
Stevie Nicks told us that 2013 is the perfect time for Fleetwood Mac to once again re-group: "Next year will be the 'Year of Fleetwood Mac.' And the day before yesterday wasn't the 'Year of Fleetwood Mac.' It's like a party, y'know, when I plan a party, I want it to be really special and I want it to be thought out -- and that's what this is. It's going to be very thought out and very planned and it's going to be great because of that. And we're all going to be really excited to see each other, because, y'know, we haven't been hanging out for the last three years."
Mick Fleetwood feels that no matter how many years and solo projects Fleetwood Mac squeeze in between group work, their core connection has never been weakened: "I think certainly Stevie and Lindsey, who are sort of more involved in their own careers in terms of singing and songwriting, etc. and have their own bands-- To me, Fleetwood Mac -- for my experience -- when we walk into a room and we haven't played actively for two, three years -- immediately everything is stripped away. The chemistry and the joining of those people, immediately you turn around and you go, 'That's what this is about.'"
JUST ANNOUNCED: Fleetwood Mac tour dates (subject to change):
April 4 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
April 6 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
April 8 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
April 9 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
April 11 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center
April 13 - Chicago, IL - United Center
April 16 - Toronto, ON - The Air Canada Centre
April 18 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
April 20 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
April 23 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
April 24 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
April 26 - Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
April 28 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center
April 30 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
May 1 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
May 3 - Little Rock, AK - Verizon Arena
May 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
May 14 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
May 15 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
May 17 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
May 19 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
May 20 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
May 22 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion st San Jose
May 25 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
May 26 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Arena
May 28 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
May 30 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
June 1 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
June 4 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
June 5 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
June 7 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
June 8 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
June 10 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
June 12 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
Photo Courtesy of PRPhotos.com