A grass fire Sunday afternoon in the Town of Solon is prompting Firefighters to remind residents that there is a ban against open burning in place.
Around 5:30 last night Firefighters from McGraw and Cortlandville responded to a grass fire at 4431 Maybury Road. Residents there had been burning trash and the fire got out of control spread to a small shed and was threatening their home nearby.
The flames were fueled by high winds and dry grass.
Rescuers were able to contain the flames to the shed and prevent further damage.
The D-E-C has an open burn ban in place to prevent these types of fires.
Internet Explorer Users Click Here To See What's On-Air