Back
Ithaca Firefighters Respond to Christmas Day Dryer Fire at Holiday Inn
Friday, December 27, 2013
Ithaca Firefighters Respond to Christmas Day Dryer Fire at Holiday Inn
Ithaca Firefighters responded to a fire involving a commercial dryer in the basement on the Holiday Inn on Christmas Day.

The Ithaca Fire Department responded to a call around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.  A maintenance worker at the hotel told them the dryer was on fire. 
 
Once the fire was out, Firefighters used fans to clear the smoke and dangerous carbon monoxide from the basement and ground floor of the hotel.
 
All areas of the hotel were reopened in the afternoon.  No one was injured in the fire.
 
The fire resulted in minimal damage.
 
New York State Electric & Gas responded to the scene as a precaution to make sure the natural gas supply to all the dryers was safe.
Internet Explorer Users Click Here To See What's On-Air
LISTEN LIVE
ON-DEMAND
Advertise
Contest Rules
Contact Us
Copyright 2014. Eves Broadcasting Inc.
Site Designed and Maintained by MME
Local News
Submit A News Photo Or Video
Help us out! If you see news take a picture and or video and submit it here!
'Like' Us On Facebook
Music News
On-Air Now
Listen Live With Our App