First responders avoided a major incident by massive gas leak in LaFayette Wednesday night.
Firefighters were called to a Tenneco gas facility on Sentinel Heights Road around 10:30 p.m.
According to reports, a pressure relief valve blew out. Officials aren't yet sure why, though no injuries were reported and crews had the leak contained shortly after arriving.
More than half a dozen fire departments responded to the scene. The leak was large enough that it could be heard half a mile away. Roads within about a half mile of the gas facility were closed down for about an hour Wednesday night.
Internet Explorer Users Click Here To See What's On-Air