A Home in the Village of Freeville is total loss following a fire earlier today.
Around 9 o’clock this morning Tompkins County emergency dispatchers received a report of a house fire at 505 Sheldon Road, a passing motorist called the fire in.
1st responders found the home fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene, fortunately no one was home when the blaze broke out.
Smoke was visible from several miles away, there are no hydrants in that area so tanker trucks had to relay water to the scene.
Freeville, Dryden, Groton, McLean, Lansing, Cayuga Heights and Varna fire companies responded to the fire
No word yet on what may have sparked the fire.